More materials are added after this section.
The Finnish Flagships – Breaking the ice for a better futureEducation and know-how
The northern fleet of excellent science, successful collaboration and solutions for tomorrow
The Finnish Flagship Programme provides a new, unique way of doing research, development and innovation in Finland. Substantial, long-term funding is granted for large ecosystems, Flagships, each operating in their specific field.
The Programme promotes active collaboration between research, business and society in the field of each Flagship. This supports future knowledge and knowhow, and helps to create solutions to societal challenges, develop new business opportunities, and contribute to sustainable growth.
This two pager offers some basic information on the Flagship Programme and the ecosystems participating in it.
The Finnish flagships present
- effective mix of cutting-edge research
- long-term plan
- versatile societal impact e.g. in support of sustainable growth and development
- close collaboration with business, industry and society
- high ambition level
- excellent working facilities, infrastructures and strong commitment from host organisations
- high-quality research and proven impact, peer-reviewed by an international panel of experts and selected by the Academy of Finland, Research Council of Finland.
Discover the Finnish Flagships on Finland Toolbox
- Finnish Flagships – Introduction
- FinnCERES – Competence Centre for the Materials Bioeconomy
- 6Genesis – 6G-Enabled Wireless Smart Society & Ecosystem
- FCAI – Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence
- INVEST – Inequalities, Interventions and New Welfare State
- PREIN – Photonics Research and Innovation
- iCAN – Digital Precision Cancer Medicine Platform
- ACCC – Atmosphere and Climate Competence Center
- InFLAMES – Innovation Ecosystem Based on the Immune System
- UNITE – Forest-Human-Machine Interplay – Building Resilience, Redefining Value Networks and Enabling Meaningful Experiences
- GeneCellNano – Gene, Cell and Nano Therapy Competence Cluster for the Treatment of Chronic Diseases